Peanut Butter + Chocolate = my two favorite things. This pie is super quick and easy to make, and it is sure to impress your guests. GC told me he wanted it for his birthday instead of a cake because it was so good. It’s coming up in a week so he may get his wish!
The peanut butter mixture uses extra firm tofu as the base. Not only does it give a perfect mousse texture, but it also adds protein to this dessert. I’m even tempted to call it healthy 😉
You also don’t need to cook this pie. All you need is a blender and a microwave to make it, or an old fashioned double broiler to melt the chocolate if you don’t want to microwave it. Perfect for my college students out there dealing with small kitchens–I remember your pain.
Make this for your sweetie and surprise him/her for Valentine’s day! This is sure to delight any peanut butter lovers out there.
- 1 package organic extra firm tofu
- 2/3 c + 1 Tb organic smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 ts vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 Tb water
- 2/3 c vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 c + 1 Tb coconut oil
- Blend the tofu, 2/3 c peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt on high until smooth. You may need to add the water to thin it out depending on how hardy your blender is.
- Pour into pie pan and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. It should be very mousse like and fluffy.
- Once pie is set, melt the chocolate chips with 1/4 c coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over top of the pie until it is evenly coated. I used a spoon to spread the chocolate evenly. You will have a thin layer over the peanut butter mixture. Set in freezer for 5 minutes or fridge for 15-20 minutes, until the chocolate is hard.
- Mix 1 Tb peanut butter with 1 Tb coconut oil.
- Drizzle over top of chocolate mixture into any design you like.
- Enjoy! Because the chocolate will harden, it is kind of hard to cut it into perfectly pie shaped pieces. However, it tastes so yummy that a few rough edges don't matter 🙂