It’s recipe time! These easy, delicious, and dare I say healthy peanut butter cups are pure melt in your mouth deliciousness. I promise your non-vegan friends and family will still love them.
I use organic peanut butter in this recipe. It is really important to buy peanut butter organic. Peanuts are one of the most contaminated and toxic foods out there when not handled properly, which is the reason many people recommend not eating it at all. I think if you buy high quality, organic nut butter, it is likely okay for you–in moderation, of course!
- 1 c vegan chocolate chips
- 3 Tb organic coconut oil
- 1/3 c organic peanut putter
- 1/4 c coconut flakes
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1/4 ts Himalayan sea salt
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth and pourable.
- Place cupcake molds into a cupcake tray, and spoon the chocolate mixture into silicon cupcake molds to coat the bottom.
- Freeze for 5 minutes, or until hard to the touch.
- Meanwhile, pulse coconut flakes in food processor until it forms a flour.
- Add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt to the food processor. Pulse until evenly combined.
- Form the peanut butter mixture into quarter sized balls. Take cupcake tray out of the freezer, and press down into the chocolate base.
- Re-melt the leftover chocolate and pour over the peanut butter. Carefully shake the tray back and forth to evenly coat the peanut butter.
- Place the tray back in the fridge/freezer for 15 minutes, or until the cups are fully hardened. When ready, take them out and pop them out of the silicon cups. Enjoy!
Try these out–and if you do, let me know how you like them!