How do you like summer squash? It’s become a weekly staple in our apartment since we keep getting it in our CSA nearly every week! Good thing we actually like it our I’d be a little sad.. 😉
This squash recipe uses a twist on one of my favorite homemade sauces: tangy almond butter sauce. You can whip it up in a blender and pour over the squash once it is done cooking. It adds a subtle saltiness, spice, and sweetness to the squash.
I like to mix summer squash and zucchini in this recipe for extra color. I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 summer squash/zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1/2 c almond butter (can sub peanut butter or any other nut butter)
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 Tb maple syrup
- 1 ts fresh ginger
- 1/2 red pepper flakes
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise, and then thinly cut to make half moon shapes.
- Slice the top and bottom off of the onion. Cut the onion in half from top to bottom, and then thinly slice to create rainbow shapes.
- Sauté the vegetables with coconut oil until translucent, about 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place almond butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger, and red pepper flakes into the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Remove the cooked vegetables from heat and add to a medium bowl. Stir in the sauce and serve.