Hello there! Today I am sharing a delicious raw & vegan tabouli salad that will knock your socks off! It uses a whole bunch of curly parsley as the base of the salad, which is great for getting detoxifying nutrients into your body. What’s so great about parsley, anyways? Personally, I used to really dislike the flavor of it, but it has grown on me quite a bit as my diet and health have improved.
I did some research, and parsley has a multitude of health benefits, including:
- Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C, B 12, K and A. What does this mean? It helps your immunity, bones, and nervous system all stay strong
- Parsley helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function and decreasing water retention
- Regular use of parsley can help control your blood pressure
- Parsley has anti-inflammatory properties
- Studies indicate that parsley—especially its essential oil—may have a role in inhibiting cancerous tumors
So, I was on a mission to incorporate more parsley into my diet! It can be hard to find parsley recipes that showcase the parsley as a main ingredient. This brought me to a big inspiration of mine, Kim Snyder. Her book, The Beauty Detox Solution, is truly amazing, and while I don’t follow everything she teaches every single day, I try to as much as I am able to! Highly recommend this book for anyone who is thinking about becoming more plant-based. She has a great recipe for a vegan tabouli salad with hemp seeds, which I have adapted below. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 large bunch curly parsley
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ts Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Wash and finely chop the curly parsley. Place into large bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Juice the lemon.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lemon juice to the parsley.
- Add the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Mix with salad tongs and serve!