Hi there! Things have been super busy in our apartment these past few weeks– lots of family to visit and wedding activities to be done! This summer is already going by so quickly. GC and I realized that we’re only in town 4 weekends until the wedding. Every single other weekend we are traveling somewhere! We have tons of fun plans coming up. Friends in town this weekend, traveling up to the Berkshires for the 4th, bridal shower soon after…can’t wait for everything!
Anyways, when I’m super busy I love to make quick and easy meals. This asparagus side is one that is really easy to make and also totally delicious. The lemon and salt pair perfectly with fresh, crispy asparagus that is hot from the oven. You can cut about a half an inch to an inch off the base of the asparagus to get rid of the woody stalk–this leaves only the tender asparagus leftover.
Also, I have a great tip for storing asparagus! You can keep the stalks in a cup or bowl of water in the fridge. This helps the asparagus keep much longer, since it is an alive plant that needs water to keep living! It can keep a week or even longer in the fridge like this.
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 10-15 stalks
- 2 Tb olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ts sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash and dry the asparagus.
- Slice off about 1/2 - 1 inch of the bottom of the asparagus and discard.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and lay on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minute, or until crispy.
- Place asparagus on a serving platter and top with lemon juice and sea salt.