Hello friends! Today I am sharing this incredible cookie dough crackle recipe. One of my best friends from high school sent me a recipe for vegan almond butter bark, and that inspired this recipe. This cookie dough crackle is vegan, refined sugar free, and full of healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil. You can make it in less than five minutes, and the end result is a crackle that just melts in your mouth. The first thing I thought when I bit into a piece was that it tasted exactly like cookie dough. Hence, the name.
Seriously, GC and I finished the entire recipe after dinner last night. It was that good. It is honestly ridiculously easy to make–I threw it together before I made actual dinner. I hope you love it as much as I do.
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1/3 c crunchy almond butter
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1 Tb maple syrup
- 1 Tb vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil until it is liquid (microwave 30 seconds or stove top)
- Combine the almond butter, vanilla, salt, and maple syrup into a bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil into the bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Finely chop the vegan chocolate chips, if using.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the bowl, and pour the mixture onto the parchment paper. Smooth if needed to evenly distribute the chocolate and almond butter chunks.
- Place in the fridge or freeze for 10-20 minutes, or until solid.
- Remove, and break the crackle into bite sized pieces.
- Enjoy immediately, or keep stored in the fridge--this dessert will melt if you leave it at room temperature.